Integrative Approaches for coaching those affected by cancer – patients, families, support persons, and professionals
Explore innovative approaches to oncology coaching from a holistic, integral perspective that is drawn from our collective interest and experience in the oncology field. We will focus on mental tools in the diagnostic process, mythical tools for progressing through the cancer experience, intuitive tools for dealing with dietary issues, archaic tools of mindfulness and compassion to incorporate the spiritual aspects, and an overall integral approach for supporting clients and caregivers.
We will explore each phase of a cancer journey (diagnosis, treatment, post-treatment) and link major tools to use for each structure of consciousness. There will be opportunity for practicing selected tools and coaching approaches, and discussion–with goal of assisting the coach to deal with her/his own feelings and experience of this disease, in order to be present and at ease adapting to the needs of each client.
Who Should Take this Class?
This class is designed for coaches who work with those who are dealing with a cancer diagnosis—patients, caregivers and other close friends and family who are affected. Please join us for a transformational personal and professional experience!
Learners will be able to:
- List the five Structures of Consciousness in Gebser’s model
- List one coaching tool from the mental structure that could help a client during the diagnostic phase
- Describe 3 ways that the story tool from the mythical structure can help the cancer patient process their experience
- Describe 2 benefits of the food journal for cancer patients
- List 2 ways that compassion can alleviate stress
- Describe 2 benefits of caregivers’ use of the work/life balance exercise
- Identify 2 issues that may arise in each of the 3 phases of the cancer journey -diagnosis, treatment, & post treatment.
Location: Teleclass call or skype from anywhere!
Evenings: Tuesdays at 2:30-4:30 pm Pacific (4:30-6:30 Central, 5:30-7:30 Eastern)
Dates: September 19, 26 , October 3, 10, 17, 24
Tuition: Regular $395
Continuing Education Credit:
12 Contact Hours for Nurses through the California Board of Registered Nurses.*
Not approved for ICF coach training or coach continuing education units.**
Kathy Moehling, RN (AHN-BC), ND, LMT, HTCP, HWNC-BC is a Board Certified Holistic Nurse, a Holistic Counselor, a Traditional Naturopath, a Holistic Coach, an energy work practitioner in Therapeutic & Healing Touch, and a massage therapist. She has more than 40 years of experience in Mental Health, Community Health, and Holistic Health, specializing in women’s health and wellness. Kathy feels like her life has passed through several phases—each with its own unique and beautiful experiences and gifts. Read more…
Kathleen Colloton, RNC, WHNP, NC-BC and former BCNN, I and C Kathleen has been a registered nurse for 44 years, specializing in Obstetrics, Psychiatric nursing, Gynecology, and finally in Breast Oncology. Holistic Nursing principles have provided the framework for her professional and private life. She has earned certifications in Psychiatric nursing, Women’s Health, Integrative Imagery, Laughter Yoga, Breast Cancer Nurse Navigation, Lactation Education, and as a Holistic Health Coach. Her passion and joy is in assisting others to connect with their own wisdom to achieve goals for health and well being. Read more…
* Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 14276, for 12 contact hours. (Note for nurses outside the state of California: Please check with your individual state Board of Nursing whether California contact hours are accepted for your license renewal.
**Please note: This class is offered as a Master Class separate from the Wisdom of the Whole Coaching Academy’s 60-hour core program and is not approved for ICF coach training hours.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds allowed on cancellations.