Nutritional Coaching with Paula Szloboda
Have your clients told you that they have been advised by their healthcare provider to change their diet, lose weight, and get active?
Are they overwhelmed, tired and do not know where to begin?
While clients receive information about making lifestyle and dietary changes from healthcare providers, they do not always receive the support they need or the applied information needed to translate diet and lifestyle recommendations into food on the plate and a plan of action that works.
In this teleclass, we will:
- Use a blended model of coaching and consulting that is client-driven and specifically tailored to the needs of the client wishing to make dietary changes
- Apply motivational interviewing techniques to coaching interactions supporting dietary change
- Review the basic building blocks of nutrition as viewed through the lens of the functional medicine model, which identifies and addresses patterns such as blood sugar imbalance and inflammation that underlie a number of chronic disease conditions
- Discuss strategies for using herbs, spices and seasonings to assist clients as they shift from a Standard American Diet (SAD) to a whole foods diet
- Look at “super” foods
- Integrate nourishment into nutrition and lifestyle changes
- Address the whole-person (body, mind, spirit) to support diet and lifestyle changes
- Focus on strategies designed to increase energy and promote client engagement with lifestyle change
- Learn chef’s secrets for making nutritious food delicious
- And much more…
Purpose: The purpose of this course is to enable the learner to apply a blended model of coaching and consulting to form a therapeutic partnership with their clients, motivating and supporting goal-centered behavior change for improved health outcomes.
Upon completion of the course, learners will:
- Identify key areas of dietary change to support a client’s health goal.
- Describe strategies for using herbs, spices and seasonings to facilitate palate change supporting dietary change.
- Apply principles of Appreciative Inquiry and Motivational Interviewing to a blended model of coaching and consulting to facilitate diet and lifestyle changes.
- Demonstrate a blended coaching/consulting interaction focused on supporting dietary change by coaching the faculty or another student in class.
- Identify on-line resources and technologies that can be used to support clients making dietary and lifestyle changes.
- Describe patterns of metabolic imbalance that underlie many chronic disease conditions.
Location: Video conference/ Teleclasses – learn from anywhere!
Dates: Tuesdays, October 17, 24 November 7, 14, 21 2017 (no class on 10/31)
Time: 4:30-6:30 p.m. Pacific Time / 5:30-7:30p.m. Mountain Time / 7:30-9:30p.m. Eastern Time
Cost: $ 580.00
Instructor: Paula Szloboda, RN, MA, MBA, BC-NC
Paula is a health coach, nutritional consultant and therapeutic chef. Her unique approach blends health coaching and health education focused on helping clients develop nutritional approaches centered on healing foods to address multiple health challenges. She earned her MA in Health Education with a specialization in Holistic Nutrition and MBA from John F. Kennedy University where she currently serves as chair of the Health Education MA program.
Continuing Education Credit:* 10 Contact Hours for Nurses through the California Board of Registered Nurses. Please see below for more info. Not approved for ICF coach training hours.
*The continuing education provider is Wisdom of the Whole, LLC. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 14276, for 10 contact hours. (Note for nurses outside the state of California: Please check with your individual state Board of Nursing whether California contact hours/units are accepted for your license renewal.)
Cancellation Policy: No refunds on cancellations.
Please Note: This class is offered as a Master Class separate from the Wisdom of the Whole Coaching Academy’s 60-hour core program and is not approved for ICF coach training hours.