Journey of the Heart
A healing place for end of life planning
Are you concerned if something were to happen to you or someone you love?
Do you feel prepared for the future?
Have you shared your request/desires with your family members?
Are you looking for formal training in end of life planning?
Do you want to develop your resource toolkit to prepare for end of life planning?
This Journey of the Heart Master Class is both interactive and reflective. Each 2 hour teleclass will consist of instruction, discussion and reflective opportunities, including the following:
• Identify the importance of end of life planning
• Review the definitions of various words that are reflective of the end of life.
• Describe the various pieces of paperwork which are important to complete for end of life planning.
• Discus with your class buddy the various assignments identified for course work.
• Create a resource notebook or file that contains important end of life planning materials
• Reflect on the legacy that would be left for family and friends.
Who Should Take this Class?
This class is a beginning class for lay people, nurses, doctors, counselors, and care providers. You will be learning to support patients, others and yourself in developing plans for end of life planning. The class will assist you in identifying importance steps and activities to complete. The course will include various activities from the Wisdom of the Whole coach training program for you to apply in this course.
Evenings: Exact Time and Days TBD
Dates: Coming Soon!
Tuition: Regular $495
Continuing Education Credit: 8 Contact Hours for Nurses through the California Board of Registered Nurses.* Not approved for ICF coach training or coach continuing education units.**
Barb Schroeder MS, RN, CSCP, NC-BC, Grief Coach
Wendy Thornley Student Concierge and Faculty Support for Wisdom of the Whole, End of Life Presenter, Coach, Writer
Learners will be able to:
1. Describe the importance of end of life planning for patients, you and those you love.
2. Define the 5 Structures of Consciousness and how this is reflected in end of life planning.
3. Describe the differences between mourning, grief, loss and bereavement.
4. Identify the important documents to complete for end of life planning.
5. Experience the process of having a discussion and making a plan with a patient, family member or friend about end of life planning.
6. Integrate the concepts and practice of self-care and wellness to facilitate self-healing as well as assisting the healing process in others.
* Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 14276, for 8 contact hours. (Note for nurses outside the state of California: Please check with your individual state Board of Nursing whether California contact hours are accepted for your license renewal.
**Please note: This class is offered as a Master Class separate from the Wisdom of the Whole Coaching Academy’s 60-hour core program and is not approved for ICF coach training hour
Cancellation Policy: 75% refund up to three weeks before course starts. 25% refund during the three weeks before course starts. No refund once course begins.