Maybe we have said this before, but something feels different about this year. Almost like energies are coalescing, and what we create in our coaching community is amplified. This noticeably started near the end of 2017, in fact, a lot of things really came together last year now that we think of it!
Here is a little “year in review”:
- In 2017, the International Consortium for Health and Wellness Coaching (ICHWC) launched it’s very first certification exam offering an avenue for all types of health professionals (in addition to nurses) to pursue national board certification. 1,000+ National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coaches (NBC-HWC’s) passed the certifying examination in September. This is a major landmark for the field of health and wellness coaching, and Dr. Linda Bark was happy to see this come to fruition after many years on the ICHWC board! The second examination is scheduled for June 15 – 30, 2018, and will be administered at over 340 Prometric sites throughout the United States, and internationally. (The deadline to apply is March 15th for those of you interested.)
- Dr. Linda Bark continued to work with IM Health this past year, developing their diabetic coaching program that is now being offered through major corporate employers.
- In August, Linda traveled to India where she taught at the Preeti Rao Weljii Center, the first health and wellness coach training company in India. She made some wonderful connections during her two-week visit and spoke at the Weljii Dialogue for dignitaries, health enthusiasts, health professionals and others in India.
- In September, we hosted our first ever Wisdom of the Whole Coaching Conference in Rochester, MN with over 65 attendees!
- We negotiated an affiliate partnership with the Radical Remission Project. Wisdom of the Whole graduates who take the teacher training qualify to become Certified Radical Remission Health Coaches.
- We negotiated an affiliate partnership with Wide Awake Business (Coming soon! stay tuned for more info).
- Throughout the year, we continued to offer Master Classes including Nutritional Coaching, the Nurse Coach Prep Course, and Integrative Imagery.
- We nurtured our hubs around the nation and offered three live (in-person) coach trainings in: San Francisco, CA, Asheville, NC, and Rochester, MN.
- In November, Dr. Linda Bark and Bob Boisson published a new interactive self-help book for everyone to use (not just coaches) titled “What Would You Like to CHANGE?” This book is just another step in our vision to help each other see things from different perspectives and make the world a better place once person at a time.
These building blocks have made a strong foundation and jumping off point for 2018…we are ready to grow and are so excited to have you with us!
Wisdom of the Whole Coaching Academy