30-Hour Core Competency Course
Did you know that our 30-hour Core Competency course is an approved course with the
International Consortium for Health and Wellness Coaching?
Learn more at http://ichwc.org/individuals/
This course provides skill training and practice from a holistic/integral perspective for the Core coaching competencies from the International Coach Federation.
- Setting the Foundation: ethical guidelines and professional standards, setting coaching agreements
- Co-creating the Relationship: establishing trust and intimacy, coaching presence
- Communicating Effectively: active listening, powerful questions, direct communication
- Creating New Awareness: identifying and making mental shifts in awareness, uncovering unexpressed motivations, empowering clients to change their story
- Facilitating Learning and Results: creating awareness, designing actions, planning and goal setting, managing progress and accountability
- Stages and maps of change
- Mind, body, spirit coaching principles
Using Jean Gebser’s Structures of Consciousness as a map, you will journey through the lands of the Mental, the Mythical and the Intuitive to discover tools that invoke the richness of different ways of being, thinking, and doing for those we coach:
- Archaic: Meditation, Compassion, and Sense of Purpose
- Intuitive: Imaginary Magic Wand, and Walking Your Talk
- Mythical: Dialog
- Mental: 1-10 Scale and Options
- Integral: Integral/Holistic coaching is an umbrella for all of your work, and bringing all of yourself and the tools together
This course lays the groundwork that is based upon evidence-informed practice and theory, while also illuminating the heart of coaching.
Along those lines, here is an excerpt from The ICF Philosophy of Coaching that really highlights where we come from in our coaching:
“We adhere to a form of coaching that honors the client as the expert in his/her life and work and believes that every client is creative, resourceful, and whole”.
At the completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe 3 benefits of using Jean Gebser’s model for coaching
- Describe 4 differences between a conversation with a friend and a coaching session
- Describe how a coaching agreement is set up at the beginning of a coaching session
- Describe 3 behaviors of coaches that are essential to building a good relationship with their clients.
- List 4 approaches, attributes, or strategies that can be used to avoid leading the client
- List 3 things that promote a shift in momentum, action, perspective, or awareness
- Define underpromising
- When a client is stopping a behavior, describe 2 reasons why it is important to add a new behavior that replaces the benefits of the old behavior.
- Describe 2 ways that silence can deepen a session.
30-Hour Course Details
Location: Video Conferencing Teleclasses – Login from your computer/tablet or call-in from anywhere!
Class Dates: Thursday Evenings: September 21, 29 / October 5, 12, 19, 26 / November 2, 9
Time: 4:30-6:30 p.m. Pacific / 5:30-7:30 Mountain / 6:30-8:30 Central / 7:30-9:30 Eastern
Faculty: To Be Determined
Tuition: $2000.00 Early Bird tuition $1795.00* (last day 9/7)
Click the Register Now button below to see payment options.
Still have questions? Call us at 510.864.2006 or email for more details.
Continuing Education Hours: 30 CNE hours*, 30 ICF Coach Training Hours**, 30 ICF Continuing Coach Education Hours
September 30-Hour Core Competency starting 9/21/17
Future 30-Hour Courses
– January 2018 classes starting Thursday 1/23/2018 – Check back later for registration or email us.
– March 2018 classes starting Thursday 3/22/2018 – check back later for registration or email us.
In-Person Weekend Intensive Training
In-Person 30-Hour Core Competency in Asheville, NC – July 29th & 30th 2017
In-Person 30-Hour Core Competency in Rochester, MN – September 9th & 10th 2017
60-Hour Coach Training bundle
Try our 60-Hour program bundle which includes Core Competency (30hrs), Advanced Tools (15hrs), and Practicum (15hrs) for a more in-depth experience. Click here to learn more, save more!
*This activity has been submitted to the American Holistic Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The American Holistic Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.”
“Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 14276, for 30 contact hours”
**The 30-Hour Core Competency course will qualify for Coach Specific Training hours through ICF ONLY if all 60 hours of the Wisdom of the Whole Coach Training Program are completed and including 15 hours of optional voice-to-voice teleclasses for the Advanced Tools course.